North Yorkshire bus operators Coastliner, Cityzap and The Harrogate Bus Company are to run more buses from this weekend, to ensure everyone can continue to travel safely.
The bus firms’ move comes as young people prepare to return to school five months on from the start of lockdown restrictions.
The operators also says increasing number of customers are also returning to their services for work and leisure trips now that travel restrictions have eased, with added reassurance from their unique “Clean, Safe and Ready to Go” customer promise to provide the highest standards of cleanliness and safety on all of its buses.
Coastliner, Cityzap and York and Country General Manager Ben Mansfield said: “With increased and thorough cleaning of each bus, clear safety guidance on board and a warm welcome from our amazing team, the time is right to welcome more of our customers back to the bus.
“Recognising that working patterns for many have changed, we’re now offering flexible ticket bundles as part-time home working has risen in popularity. All of these are available instantly on our Transdev Go mobile app, which also tracks every service throughout its route and shows our customers how much capacity there is on every bus at any point in the journey.
“We’re ready to help people travelling back to work, back to the shops, back to leisure and back to education, while also reducing traffic congestion and air pollution in our local towns and cities. It’s time to come back to the bus.”
From this Sunday, 6 September 2020, the following changes will be introduced:
· Coastliner 840, 843: Leeds, York and Malton to Pickering, Whitby and Scarborough – new Monday to Saturday timetable with buses every 30 minutes between Leeds, York and Malton, with a bus every hour to and from Scarborough. Connecting buses at Malton will serve Flamingo Land, Pickering and Thornton-le-Dale, and Whitby. On Sundays, an hourly service will run between Leeds and Scarborough, with connecting buses at Malton serving Flamingo Land, Pickering, Thornton-le-Dale and Whitby
· Cityzap: York to Leeds FAST: buses will run every 30 minutes Monday to Friday, and every hour Saturday and Sunday
· 22 and 23: York to Boroughbridge then Ripon and Knaresborough – normal timetable resumed
· Castle Line: York to Castle Howard then Malton – will run to the normal winter timetable
· 194: Hovingham to Malton – normal timetable resumed, with journeys calling at Malton School reserved for school pupils only and numbered as service 195.
All other York and Country bus services will continue to run at unchanged times.
Full details of all services operated by Coastliner, Cityzap and York and Country, including timetables and travel advice, are available online at: https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/york and on the free to download Transdev Go mobile app. Customers can also see at a glance how busy their bus is before travelling using the website or app.