Drop us a note
Contact the Studio
82228 Text the studio using the word YORK
Email the studio on email@example.com
Calls charged at national rate. Text messages cost 50p + network charge.
JORVIK RADIO, The Centre @ Burnholme, Mossdale Avenue, York, England, YO31 0HA.
- What songs do you play?
- We like being a bit different so if you’re a fan of ‘Dancing Queen’ or Nik Kershaw on repeat all day… unfortunately you’ve stumbled across the wrong station! Our playlist is a mix of four groups – our A list plays the newest, freshest, sexiest songs that you didn’t know existed but will have you screaming for more; our B list is our bread and butter, the songs we love, indie, alternative, slightly rocky at times; our C list will make you feel nostalgic, we want to take you back to when you first heard that song and get you questioning why you ever stopped listening to it. The fourth group? Local. We believe York is the best city for new talent and we’ll play you all the best records from York’s music scene without making a big ‘song and dance’ about it – we want you to love the song and then realise ‘oh wait, they’re from York!’ which we’re sure you will do on more than one occasion.
- I want my song to be played on air.
- We love playing new music but we don’t just want to randomly slot it in without telling listeners why we’re playing it and paying courtesy to all the time and effort it will have taken you to record, mix and produce the track. The best way to get your song on air is to speak to a presenter directly and explain the message behind the music – you can normally find them loitering in coffee shops around the city, or perhaps more easily via their social media pages. That way, you know your song will be played in the most relevant show (after all, there’s no point playing a jazz song in a country music show) and the presenter can be an advocate on air for you. Who knows, the presenter could even get an interview with you to chat and introduce the song too.
- How can I listen?
- Wherever you are in the world, the easiest way to listen to us is to travel through to York with an FM radio tuned to 94.8 FM… or, seeing as you’re already on our website, you can just press to ‘Listen Live’ on our home page.
- How do I get involved?
- As a volunteer-run station, any help you can give is greatly appreciated and you’ll regularly receive tea and biscuits as a thank you (how very British) however you need to know this isn’t a paid gig. Still interested? Great! We always need people to produce shows and provide content, people to go out and about and record interviews with the weirdest and wackiest people around York and of course we need people to actually present the shows; all we ask for is that you are passionate about York and passionate about the topic you want to cover. You don’t need radio experience, we have an excellent training programme (led by ex-BBC presenters and Radio Production specialists) to help with that bit but if you know what to want to do and #loveyork as much as we do, please continue to get in touch.